[pstricks] dvi for windows

Franco Bagnoli franco.bagnoli at unifi.it
Tue May 17 09:55:00 CEST 2005

ipinelis at mtu.edu wrote:
>>On 5/15/05, ipinelis at mtu.edu <ipinelis at mtu.edu> wrote:
>>
>>>Is there a dvi viewer for Windows where you can see pstricks pictures?
>>>

>>I just run dvips after every tex/latex run, and have a gsview window
>>open to the .ps file.  So long as you don't click on the gsview window
>>during the run of dvips (in which case is can crash...), it
>>automatically updates.
>

> Thank you for your response. This is what I do too, but ps files are huge,
> and also it takes me another couple of seconds. Not a big problem, but I'd
> rather not have it.

1) convert ps to pdf (it will take more time)
2) install cygwin and use xdvi
3) setup a linux crunching-number machine, share your directory with
samba (so you can access files from desktop) and access the linux
desktop (compile and visualize with xdvi) using vnc. If you want to
compile from the text-editor menu, you can use ssh (or use kile/texmaker
with linux).

--
Franco Bagnoli <franco.bagnoli at unifi.it>
Dipartimento di Energetica & Centro Dinamiche Complesse