[pstricks] absolute coordinates

Denis Girou Denis.Girou at idris.fr
Mon Aug 25 19:58:30 CEST 2003

>>>>> "Stefano.Baroni" == Stefano Baroni <baroni at sissa.it> writes:

    Stefano.Baroni> Hi here! Can anybody help me place graphic objects on a page in absolute
    Stefano.Baroni> coordinates, using pstrics? From the pstricks documentation, I thought I
    Stefano.Baroni> understood that the default origin was the upper left corner of the
    Stefano.Baroni> page. The enclosed stupid test demonstrate that the default origin is
    Stefano.Baroni> instead the current latex point ...

  Where do you found such an information? The documentation say explicitely
the opposite (section 23, page 41, first sentence).

  The same question was already sent at the end of July: PSTricks is not the
good tool for that.
http://tug.org/pipermail/pstricks/2003/001024.html

  P.S. D.G.> Rather look at the `atxy', `eso-pic' or `textpos' packages for this
                                 ^^^^
       Rolf.Niepraschk> Where is this package? Search on CTAN gives no results...

  I only cited this package to be more complete, but I do not think that this
is a good idea to use it... It was frozen in a bad state, as several versions
exist, patched by different people, and is not easily accessible. But with the
Web search tools, you can found it in several places. For instance, a copy is
inside:

ftp://ftp.gutenberg.eu.org/pub/GUTenberg/UNIX/targz/tex_inputs.tar.gz

D.G.