[pstricks] Hatch angles

vincent vin.gui at laposte.net
Wed Jul 16 16:11:46 CEST 2003

Hello,

I want to adjust the angle of hatches to the angle of another line.
Say this line has angle atan(1.5)=56.3 degrees.
So I use hatchangle=56.3, but the line and the hatches dont look really
parallel. I include a test below.

Actually, I noticed that while I zooming with ghostview, the defect
seems to decrease (but it remains noticeable). So I looked at 600dpi
resolution, and then the result looked fine. Is it related to what the
doc says about ``funny patterns at low resolution'' p28 while talking
about cross-hatches ?

Thanks.

Vincent.

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{pstricks}
\begin{document}

\begin{pspicture}(-1,-1)(3,1)
\SpecialCoor

\def\angle{56.3}
\psset{linewidth=0.02,hatchwidth=0.01}
\rput(0,0){
\psframe[fillstyle=hlines,hatchangle=\angle](-1,-1)(1,1)
\psline(2;\angle)(-2;\angle)}