[protext] Protext installation

Lorien Hayden lxhrk9 at mail.mizzou.edu
Fri Oct 7 21:23:58 CEST 2011

Thomas Feuerstack <Thomas.Feuerstack at ...> writes:

> Hi,
>
> David Hewett wrote:
>
> > I've downloaded the self-extracting image from http://www.tug.org/protext/ but
> > when I click Install on the dialogue box that appears when I double-click
> > the Protext icon, I get this error message:
> >
> > "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged
> > Cannot open C:\Program Files\TeX\protext.exe"
> >
> > Any suggestions?
>
> could you explain a little bit more detailled when this error occurs? As
> far as i see, you've
>
> - downloaded the self-extracting archive
>
> - extracted the archive's content
>
> - started the installation-procedure by double-clicking ProTeXt's
> setup-procedure
>
> In which of the steps named above does the error occur?
>
> Thanks for your information - Thomas

Greetings,

    I am also having this problem. I have downloaded the protext.exe file but it
will not extract. When I click on it and then click extract on the screen which
pops up I receive the following error:
"The archive is either in unknown format or damaged"
What could be the problem?

Best,

Lorien Hayden
University of Missouri-Columbia