[protext] Two Problems with proTeXt (July 4, 2011)

Thomas Feuerstack Thomas.Feuerstack at FernUni-Hagen.de
Tue Aug 16 16:27:06 CEST 2011

Hi Dennis,

thanks for your recommendations.

Am 11.08.2011 20:41, schrieb Dennis D Pence:
> 1.  The newest version of proTeXt switches the recommended editor to
> TeXMaker 2.1.  But when I checked their website
> (http://texmaker.sourceforge.net/), I find that I am immediately
> forwarded to (http://texstudio.sourceforge.net/) because this product
> has changed names and has a newer version, TeXstudio 2.2.  It would
> be nicer to use the more recent version with the changed name (which
> was available before July 4, 2011).

I agree. The problem was, that TeXMaker changed its name, just the day
after we put it in the package. While we ran very close against
TeXLive's deadline of release, we decided to leave TeXMaker inside the
package (instead of TeXstudio) before risking incompatibilities with the
documentation.

Of course the next versions of ProTeXt will bear TeXstudio.

> 2.  In the doc folder, all of the versions of lshort.pdf (english,
> french, and italian) seem to be old.  The English version there is
> 2006, whereas the most recent version at CTAN
> (http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/lshort/english/) is dated April
> 6, 2011.  It would be nicer to include the most recent versions.

Also agreed. In fact i never imagined, that there will be changes to
lshort. I will fix it up in the next version.

Nevertheless, enjoy TeX - Thomas