[protext] Latex version - Voluntary support

Thomas Feuerstack Thomas.Feuerstack at FernUni-Hagen.de
Thu Aug 11 14:10:26 CEST 2011

Hi,

just in case, your questions aren't fully answered:

Am 16.07.2011 21:30, schrieb VIKASH .:
> After lots of recommendation from my friends and teachers, I am about to
> download latex from your website and looking forward to learn and use
> it. Could you please let me know that the file *"protext.exe" *which we
> download from the website
>
> http://mirror-cybernet.lums.edu.pk/pub/ctan/systems/windows/protext/
>
> comprises which version of latex? Is it Latex 2 or latex 3 ?

ProTeXt's underlying TeX implementation MiKTeX is shipped with LaTeX2e
(which is still standard in every TeX installation).

> And do we
> need to download the other two files namely /*Protext -3.0-070811.exe*/

ProTeXt-3.0* is only a copy/virtual link to ProTeXt.exe

> and */Protext -3.0-070811.exe.md5/*

This is the corresponding md5-hash, with which you can make sure the
.exe-file was properly downloaded.

> as well which are available in the
> above mentioned website ?Will appreciate your reply on this. If it is
> latex 2 can you please tell me when can we get to see Latex 3 ?

There is a package named LaTeX3 inside the MikTeX package, but i'm
afraid, i can't tell you how to use it.

Regards - Thomas