[protext] Some suggestion (Some typing correction)

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Apr 30 00:43:06 CEST 2011

John,

Thanks for your comments.  The main purpose of proTeXt is to provide a
simple way for people to get going with MiKTeX.  We've found that
providing a plethora of install options is counterproductive.

If you want a customized installation, you can install TeX Live instead
of proTeXt.  TL's default install mode on Windows is likewise simple,
but lots of customization is possible.

    I do not beleive that anyone is using both TeX and LaTeX, for instance.

Actually, many, many people do just that.

Best,
karl