[protext] Some suggestion (Some typing correction)

John Wallmaker john.wallmaker09 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 29 03:13:38 CEST 2011

I have installed protext to my computer before and it seems like you have
included whatever you can with TeX staff  as a unique installation.

Some packages you have in there might never be used. For example I only use
LaTeX.

It is OK to provide completeness. But you should know that they can be saved in
an uninstalled folder and automatically be installed when an additional feature
is needed while compsoing a TeX document.
You need to make the installation optional:

For example:
The installation should ask what you want to install:
TeX, LaTeX, ConTeX etc.
I do not beleive that anyone is using both TeX and LaTeX, for instance.

As I wrote aboove you can make an automatic install when an unstalled feature is
needed.

Also, try to make it about 700 MB by removing some junk staff that are not
related to the subject so that it can be saved in one CD.

When you fix these problems, email me and I will try to install it again.

 You can also make a CD and sell it if you are doing this as a business which I
have no idea about.