[protext] Fwd: can't install proTeXt in windows 7 64 bits

Manuel López malope at cicese.mx
Fri Feb 25 23:19:36 CET 2011

Hello,

I downloaded protext.exe file. Ran it and it unzipped everything into a
ProTeXt folder.  I ran the setup.bat within the ProTeXt root directory.
That opened the little window saying ProTeXt Installation with the
option of selecting a language and a package. Left the defaults settings
which are English and ProTeXt. Chose the Next button and the pdf file
protext-install-en.pdf opened, but nothing more happened. I went into
the install folder and ran setup.exe directly and got the same results.
I tried running setup.bat from a command window but got the same
results. I am running a 64 bit windows 7 operating system. Any help
would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Manuel Lopez

P.S. If this in not the right e-mail address to inquire about this, could you please tell where else I may
find some help