[protext] Downloading ProteXt-2.2.3-091410

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Sep 20 00:42:23 CEST 2010

    ProteXt-2.2.3-091410
    from this site:
    ftp://ftp.fernuni-hagen.de/pub/windows/win32/ProTeXt/

I expect it is a network issue somewhere between your site and
fernuni-hagen.  It works fine for me.

    >From where can I get the latest ProTeXt?

Well, another protext release will probably be coming soon anyway, but
since you asked, I updated ftp://tug.org/tex/protext/dist.  In case that
also fails for you -- it will propagate to CTAN over the next couple
days, and then you'll be able to get it from any CTAN site
(ctan.org/mirrors).

    My current version is ProTeXt-2.2.1-102109. I have been using ProTeXt
    for four years now, and depend on it heavily.

You could also simply install MiKTeX (miktex.org) directly.  ProTeXt
adds a few things to the miktex distribution, like texniccenter, but
doesn't change anything inside miktex.

Hope this helps,
karl