[protext] WinEdt tells me Protext didn't install miktex correctly

Ulrich Bongartz u.bongartz at freenet.de
Tue Aug 24 15:52:41 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I Installed miktex 2.8 (and 2.7 other PC) and wanted to try WinEdt with it. The diagnosis told me, what you read below

So I am missing texmf and Tex-Bin??? Nevertheless TexNicCenter and Winedt are compiling my files correctly. What is wrong with my installation of miktex?

thx in advance

Ulrich

--------------------
Summary :-(

===========

There are some problems with your TeX installation. Depending on your intended use of WinEdt and TeX you may have to install additional software, or missing TeX Components...

... (snipped) ...

Searching for Executables:

WinEdt will try to locate external executables based on the information stored in the variables that were imported from Windows Registry in its Startup Macro. If some components are not found follow the instructions. Some applications such as, for example, TtH or HHC are optional; you can ignore any messages about the "missing" accessories that you are not intending to use...

TeX-Root: not Found

C:\texmf

TeX-Bin: not Found

C:\texmf\miktex\bin