[protext] Trouble in installation of Texniccenter

Thomas Feuerstack Thomas.Feuerstack at FernUni-Hagen.de
Fri Mar 19 08:48:07 CET 2010

Hi,

masood maqbool schrieb:
> I have downloaded protext and am trying to install the package. I have
> successfully installed Miktex but Texniccenter is not getting along.
> When I click the hyper link <Click here to install TEXnicCenter>, a
> Windows error appears <Windows cannot find 'C:\Documents'>. Any idea to
> get rid of this problem?

this problem seems to occur, when you extracted the ProTeXt-archive
beneath a directory containing blanks, i.e.
c:\Documents and settings\...

To get rid of that message, either

- try to start installTC.bat directly (you'll find it in the directory
"addons" beneath the extracted ProTeXt-directory), or if this also fails

- start TXCSetup_1StableRC1.exe , inside the directory "TeXnicCenter".

Good luck - Thomas