[protext] availability of WinBibDb

Thomas Feuerstack Thomas.Feuerstack at FernUni-Hagen.de
Mon Jan 4 11:25:27 CET 2010

Hi,

Neil Gretsky schrieb:
> I have used BibDb and WinBibDb for years. I have just gotten a new
> machine and have downloaded the
> new versions of ProTeXt and WinEdt. After some minor adjustments all is
> running well. However, when I
> downloaded the WinBibDb package from CTAN and attempted to install, I
> was given a message that the
> program was not compatible with Windows 7.
>
> My questions:
> (i) Is this incompatibility unfixable?
> (ii) If it is unfixable, are there any other comparable programs?
>
> I did do some web-browsing and google-asking, but could not find any
> applicable answers.

while BibDb isn't part of the ProTeXt-collection, it might be better to
ask the author directly. Have a look inside the READE, and you should find

Contacting the author:

For information, bug reports, suggestions, or plain gossip, I can be
reached at

                    doron at physics.technion.ac.il
or
                    mirid at rafael.co.il