[protext] MikTex Installation Error

Thomas Feuerstack Thomas.Feuerstack at FernUni-Hagen.de
Mon Dec 21 16:05:15 CET 2009

Hi,

Joe wrote:

(...)

> Miktek is installing and then I get an error. Ok, let's try it again
> with the complete package: a different error this time.
>
> The errors were:
>
>         "The operation could not be completed for the following reasoin:
>

>         Windows API error 2: The system cannot find the file specified.
>

>         Details : C:\Program Files\Miktex
>         2.8\tpm\packages\miktex_freetype2-bin-2.8.tpm""

hmm, did you look, whats actually inside the directory C:\Program
Files\MiKTeX 2.8\tpm?

I.e. is the directory empty, is there probably a file beginning with
miktex_freetype2, but a truncated end, or something similary?

Regards - Thomas