[protext] proTeXt problem

Klaus Hoeppner klaus at dante.de
Sat Dec 5 11:03:09 CET 2009

Hi,

2009/12/5 inbxadh <inbxadh at gmail.com>:
> When I clicked on the link for the bat file that installs TEXnic Center, I
> received a message that said the system cannot find "C:\Documents".   No
> small wonder!  I don't have such a directory.

Looks like a problem with spaces in directory names.

I think, in addons\installTC.bat the line

start %~dp0\..\TeXnicCenter\TXCSetup_1StableRC1.exe

should be changed into

"%~dp0..\TeXnicCenter\TXCSetup_1StableRC1.exe"
(without the leading start, that seems to get confused by quotation marks)

But for just proceeding with installation starting the
TeXnicCenter-Setup in the subdir TeXnicCenter is quicker.

Klaus