[protext] issues with proTeXt installation on Windows 7

Thomas Feuerstack Thomas.Feuerstack at FernUni-Hagen.de
Mon Nov 30 12:39:51 CET 2009

Hi,

Elisabetta Gentile schrieb:
> During the past few years I've been using various versions of proTeXt
> with Windows XP and then with Vista without a problem.  Last week I have
> made the transition to Windows 7 and ever since I haven't been able to
> get TeXnicCenter to work right.

(...)

> Followed by an error message in TeXnicCenter
> "[DocOpen("%bm.pdf")][FileOpen("%bm.pdf")]  Cannot execute the command"
>
> What could it be? I would really appreciate your suggestions!

first of all you should try to make clear, wether TeXnicCenter is right
and the created PDF is actually corrupted, or otherwise there's a
mistake in the DDE's configuration inside TeXnicCenter.

Therefore: What happens if you open the PDF manually, i.e. starting the
Reader and open the PDF via 'File' -> 'Open...'?

Sincerely - Thomas