[protext] TeXnicCenter Output Profiles

Alessandro Cuttin alessandro.cuttin at ieee.org
Fri Oct 16 16:43:14 CEST 2009

hi there, and welcome in the LaTeX world!

short answer: always use pdflatex (LaTeX => PDF), so that you can
benefit of all the pdf functionalities (such as: hyperlinks, bookmarks
and so on).

Since LaTeX was born before the pdf (de facto) standard, at the
beginning the outputs were DVI (stands for DeVice Indipendent) or
PostScript (standard printer language).

So, in case you don't have specific requirements, I suggest you to use
always pdflatex, since (in my opinion) there is no significant
difference in quality for documents printed from pdf or ps.

happy latex-ing!

Alessandro