[protext] beginning

Thomas Feuerstack Thomas.Feuerstack at FernUni-Hagen.de
Fri Oct 9 14:56:56 CEST 2009

Gaspar Núñez schrieb:
> i downloaded the file (protext-2.2)
> and tried to install several times (windows vista, hp pavilion)
> but i always get the message
>
> "this program could have not been correctly installed"
>
> (i'n trying to do everything in spanish, and i think that's the translation)
>
> and i never get the figure 1.2 in page 7 of the installing document
> "the quickest way to a tex system"
> (which by the way has buttons in german)
>
> can anybody give me some help on this?

hmm, it would be easier if you could explain a little bit more detailled
what you've done that lead to that message. Normally it should work like
following:

- Download the ProTeXt-2.2-...exe

- Unpack the ProTeXt-2.2-...exe , what will lead you to a new created
directory ProTeXt somewhere on your harddisk.

- Activate the Setup.exe inside the ProTeXt-directory, by double
clicking on it. Clicking on 'Next>' in the resulting window, opens the
Adobe Reader.

- I.E. Click on 'Click here to install MiKTeX' on page 8 to start
MiKTeX's install-routine (which at least will lead you to the window
shown on page 7).

- Complete your global installation by installing all required
components (TeXNicCenter, Ghostscript, ...), using the steps shown in
the last steps.

Under Vista some of the steps shown above can lead to that "this program
could have not been correctly installed"-message, which can be ignored
as far to my experiences.

Regards - Thomas