[protext] Update pdf output file

Thomas Feuerstack Thomas.Feuerstack at FernUni-Hagen.de
Mon Aug 3 16:05:59 CEST 2009

Hey,

Wijono schrieb:
> Hi, I am new here. Looking for a solution for updating pdf output file
> problem.
> It is not like DVI and PS format, the pdf output file cannot be updated
> while the last pdf output is still opened (by pdf reader or adobe acrobat).
> I am wondering if there is a trick to update that file every time we
> build-and-view the script.

its the same thing i never can remember, once i've updated TeXnicCenter.
Here is the solution:

In TexnicCenter, hit Alt+F7 and click on the viewer tab.

In the "View project output" and "Forward search" options, select the
"DDE Command" radio button and fill in the following:

view project's output: [v] DDE command.
command: [DocOpen("%bm.pdf")][FileOpen("%bm.pdf")]
server: acroview
topic: control
forward search: [v] DDE command.
command: [DocOpen("%bm.pdf")][FileOpen("%bm.pdf")]
server: acroview
topic: control
Close document before running (La)TeX: [v] DDE command
command: [DocClose("%bm.pdf")]
server: acroview
topic: control

This works quite stable for me, which means, every 15th run, i'll have
to close Adobe Reader manually, while it works fine the 14 runs before ;-)

Good luck - Thomas