[protext] Adding Class File

Thomas Feuerstack Thomas.Feuerstack at FernUni-Hagen.de
Wed Jul 15 14:20:49 CEST 2009

Hi,

TERRY BROCKETT schrieb:
> I am having trouble adding a new class file to ProTeXt using Windows XP
> and 2007 ProTeXt.  I have tried following the guidelines in "The
> Quickest Way to a TEX System" (section 1.5.4) but find that placing the
> files in several of the locations identified in the tab Roots still does
> not allow for reading by TexNicCenter.  Is there a better description of
> how to add new class (and other) files?

The location(s) described in section 1.5.4 should be the right place(s)
for adding new class (and perhaps other files) to MiKTeX (which is
ProTeXt's underlayed TeX-distribution).

Please make sure to refresh the file name database (Start -> All
Programs -> MiKTeX 2.7 -> Settings, tab General), after you've added
your own files.

If this still fails, please send me a more detailed description, i.e.
which files you've copied in what directories.

Regards - Thomas