[protext] Problem Loading LaTex

Thomas Feuerstack Thomas.Feuerstack at FernUni-Hagen.de
Fri Apr 3 10:59:31 CEST 2009

Hi,

Victoria Crooks schrieb:
> I am trying to download LaTex and I followed all the steps. I downloaded
> MiKteX 2.7 and TeXnic Center and when I tried to configure TeXnic, it
> said that latex was not contained within MiKteX.

hmm, i'm afraid i never saw this kind of message. To answer your
question, it might be good to provide me with some more information:

- Did you download MiKTeX and TeXnicCenter as part of the
ProTeXt-package, or did you download them separatly from their
Home-Websites?

- Can you explain more detailled about the moment you'll see thist
message? I.e. When you start TC the first time it normally tries to find
a TeX-distribution and to create the Output-profiles afterwards. Does
the message occur at that point, or when does it arrive?

Regards - Thomas