[protext] pdfpages

Juan Pablo Fernández juanf at physics.umass.edu
Wed Nov 12 22:27:10 CET 2008

I'm using ProTeXt in a writing class for physics students that I teach
in Massachusetts.  Very nice resource.

My students and I have noticed that some (but not all) versions of
ProTeXt, when asked to build a file that needs the package "pdfpages",
crash and say that they cannot find the package.  This happens even if
the computer is connected to the Web, in which case MiKTeX should be
able to find, download, and install pdfpages.  Some people tell me
this happens even if they have pdfpages next to the file they are
building.

Strange...

jp
--