[protext] Problems installing Miktex 2.7 thorugh Protext Adobe page

Thomas Feuerstack Thomas.Feuerstack at FernUni-Hagen.de
Thu Aug 21 16:42:21 CEST 2008

Hi,

David Fleming schrieb:
> The problem installing Miktex 2.7 came at the last part of the
> installation.
>
> I have included the log. I have highlighted the problem areas by
> changing the color to red. The first failure was after clearing the
> cache (assuming it did that).
>
> d:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.7\miktex\bin\fc-cache.EXE: failed

(...)

hmm, i thought about it the last days, but i don't have a suggestion
whats going wrong there. While this is an originally MiKTeX-problem, it
might be better to post it directly to one of MiKTeX's forums. Perhaps
http://www.miktex.org/Bugs.aspx might be a good starting point for this.

Sorry - Thomas