[protext] updating a file within a package

Thomas Feuerstack Thomas.Feuerstack at FernUni-Hagen.de
Fri Aug 8 13:23:02 CEST 2008

Hi Virgil,

Virgil Stokes schrieb:
> I have recently installed protext and it seems to be working quite good
> --- great software.

Thanks :)

> However, I have already ran into a problem. One of the files
> (powerdot.cls) in one of the packages (powerdot.cab) needs to be
> updated. How can I update this file in the powerdot.cab file (package)?

hmm, for me its not quite clear, for what you are trying this. I.e.:

- In case you need a more recent version of powerdot, you should first
have a look inside MiKTeX's update manager, if there isn't one already
available.

- If this fails at last you could download the package from the next
CTAN-Mirror and replace the default one installed by MiKTeX.

- If you really need to update the cab-archive, i'm afraid you'll have
to grapple with MiKTeX's packaging guide. Perhaps
http://docs.miktex.org/packaging/ is a good entry for doing this.

Hope this might help ;-) Thomas