[protext] TeXnicCenter won't run output profile

Thomas Feuerstack Thomas.Feuerstack at FernUni-Hagen.de
Tue Oct 9 09:48:56 CEST 2007

Hi Björn,

Robert Björn schrieb:
> But the path was actually "C:\Program Files\MiKTeX
> 2.5\miktex\bin\latex.exe". I removed the last part, such that only the
> parent folder of latex (bin) was present: "C:\Program Files\MiKTeX
> 2.5\miktex\bin" -- just to test.
>
> That gave an almost identical error:
>
> C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.5\miktex\bin<two non printable characters
> here>Cannot execute the command.<non printable character>Error:<two
> non printable characters>%1 is not a valid Win32 application.
>
> I've double-checked again that "C:\Program Files\MiKTeX
> 2.5\miktex\bin" has the "latex.exe" and that it can be launched
> manually.

hmm, more and more i think TeXnicCenter is the problem and not MiKTeX.
Just for completition: Do you use Vista as operating system? In that
case it might be worth to try an update for TeXnicCenter via
www.toolscenter.org.

I was reported some wired problems in running the current ProTeXt under
Vista, while i don't have a Vista-machine here to try an own test.