[protext] installation problem

Bein, Ed beine at upmc.edu
Fri Jul 13 20:46:47 CEST 2007

I've downloaded version 2.5 and installed MikTEX, TEXnicCenter,
Ghostscript, and GSview per the instructions in protext-install-en.pdf.
When I ran TEXnicCenter for the first time, the Configuration Wizard
asked for the full path where the executables are located.
protext-install-en.pdf says to enter "C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.5",
which elicited the error message "The application Latex has not been
found in the directory of your TeX-distribution".  Folder C:\Program
Files\MiKTeX 2.5 does indeed exist.  Any thoughts on what I'm doing
wrong?  Thanks.