[protext] Appendicies and bibliography

Ilaria Corda i.corda at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 13:37:37 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I was wondering whether someone can help me with these formatting problems
which occurred writing my thesis.

My main file looks like this:

\documentclass[12pt,a4paper]{report}

\usepackage[dvips]{graphicx}
\usepackage{fancyhdr}
\usepackage{setspace}
\usepackage{times}
\usepackage{mathptmx}

\usepackage{cite}

\DeclareGraphicsRule{.eps.gz}{eps}{.eps.bb}{`zcat #1}

\setlength{\textheight}{229mm}

\setcounter{secnumdepth}{3}
\setcounter{tocdepth}{4}

\onehalfspacing

\begin{document}
\include{cover}          % This is the front page
\include{abstract}       % Apstract
\include{acknowledge} % Acknowledgements
\include{declare}        % (optional) - declarations of previous
papers
\tableofcontents
\listoffigures
\listoftables

\pagenumbering{arabic}
\pagestyle{fancy}
\fancyhead[L]{\textsl{\chaptername\ \thechapter}}
\fancyhead[C]{\textsl{\leftmark}}
\fancyhead[R]{\thepage}
\fancyfoot[C]{}
\renewcommand{\headrulewidth}{0.4pt}
\renewcommand{\chaptermark}[1]{\markboth{#1}{}}

\include{chapter1}

\bibliographystyle{plain}
\addcontentsline{toc}{chapter}{\numberline { }Bibliography}
\bibliography{thesis}
\appendix
\include{appendix-queries}
\include{appendix-queries2}
\end{document}

My thesis appendices are done like this:

\chapter{Expanded queries}
\label{appendix-queries}
\centerline{\rule{149mm}{.02in}}
\vspace{2cm}

\section{Example queries}

The problem is that Latex outputs generates:

Chapter A as left-hand heading instead of Appendix A

This occurs in the bibliography too, which as left-hand heading, oddly,
inherits the conclusion chapter's headings (I am pretty confused about it!).

Any help and/or advice about it will be more than welcome!

Many Thanks for your help!
I.