[protext] installation error; Adobe Acrobat 7.0 freezes

Thomas Feuerstack Thomas.Feuerstack at FernUni-Hagen.de
Fri May 12 12:25:24 CEST 2006

Hi Mira,

M G (- at Princeton.EDU) wrote:
> Hello Thomas and Karl,
>
> Thank you for your help with the Acrobat problem.
> I am still unable to open the protext-install-en.pdf that you sent me.
> The version of Acrobat I am using is 7.0.7, but I did not see a date
> listed along with that version number.

Well, i'm not quite sure that the date is listed also with the Windows
versions.

> I actually ended up just installing proTeXt on a different computer,
> where both proTeXt and Acrobat worked smoothly with no errors, so
> I don't really have a problem any more.

I'm glad that you've found a solution. Nevertheless i think more and
more its a special problem with your Acrobat Reader. Maybe you should
reconsider trying the "nearly everytime" Windows fix - which means you
could try to deinstall the Reader and try a complete new installation
afterwards. ;-)

Regards - Thomas