[protext] proTeXt

Thomas Feuerstack Thomas.Feuerstack at FernUni-Hagen.de
Wed Dec 21 09:32:39 CET 2005

Hi Eve,

Karl Berry wrote:

>     I am totally confused and need to download or get hold of a copy of
>     laTeX for my notetaking in Mathematics for the deaf students, Help!!
>     this novice needs all the help she can get.
>
> Are you on Windows, I'm guessing?
>
> The proTeXt installation is the easiest one I know of.  The web page has
> links to download the (big) CD image, if you know how to burn that onto
> a CD.  Or you can join TUG or another user group and have a CD sent to
> you, if you don't want to deal with that.  Does that help?

or alternative: Download the selfextracting archive
http://www.tug.org/protext/ftp/protext.exe , extract it in an empty
directory on your computer and start the installation from there (so you
do not need to burn the CD).

Regards - Thomas