[protext] difficulty in adding a package

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Oct 30 01:34:28 CEST 2005

    I downloaded the new package from the URL to my PC, and I try to add
    the package using MikTex Package Manager.  However, I cannot find
    the local package "repository" folder in the MikTeX Package Manager.

Usually it is c:\localtexmf?  Not sure if that's really the answer ...

Unfortunately Thomas Feuerstack, who is the real protext maintainer, is
offline for several weeks.  Since it seems your question is mostly
related to miktex, I think writing to a miktex help list might be
reasonable.  I don't know the address offhand, please check
http://miktex.org.

(Of course, if anyone else here has any ideas, don't be shy. :)

Sorry,
karl