[protext] Page number and contents did not display

Thomas Feuerstack Thomas.Feuerstack at fernuni-hagen.de
Wed Oct 26 09:54:03 CEST 2005

Hi,

Ying Valcour wrote:

> I am new to ptoText.  I generated latex files from the doxygen and would
> like to convert the latex files to .pdf file.  I did make and was able
> to create .pdf file.  But for some reasons the document did not generate
> page numbers and the contents.  I am new to tex, could give me a help,
> thanks.

while this seems to be more a general TeX-question instead of something
concerning to ProTeXt, perhaps you should better ask in a forum like
comp.text.tex . And while you are new to TeX you should have a deeper
look into one of the manuals referenced in the
"Addresses/References"-Section of the ProTeXt-manual (like Tobias
Oetikers introduction).

Trying to give you an answer to your question, there could be multiple
reasons why you don't see pagenumbers and contents. For the first, make
sure that there is a \tableofcontents-statement inside your document and
nothing like \pagestyle{empty} which surpresses the pagination.

Good luck - Thomas