[protext] proTeXt installation error

Thomas Feuerstack Thomas.Feuerstack at fernuni-hagen.de
Wed Sep 28 09:51:35 CEST 2005

Martin Sewell wrote:

> When installing proTeXt (first time installation) I receive the
> following error:
> "Cannot open weaddons/pl.exe"
>
> This means that the installation fails and obviously the program cannot
> be run.

Not really (as you wrote in your later mail). pl.exe contains the polish
dictionary for WinEdt, so if the installation has failed you'll end at
last in a running system without polish spell checking inside the editor.

You can come arround with this by starting this exe manually, which
means do a double mouse-click.

While i didn't succeed in reconstructing your error, could you explain
in a few steps what you actually did that results in this error?

Regards - Thomas