[protext] CANNOT DOWNLOAD proTeXt

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Apr 29 17:43:16 CEST 2005

Hello Moise,

Thanks for writing.  Glad you're interested in TeX!

    I'm interested in ProTeXt but I cannot download it .

The protext.exe file is about 370 megabytes.  If you only have a dialup
connection, that might indeed take an awfully long time.

Maybe you'd have better luck downloading from a site in France, such as
  ftp://ftp.loria.fr/tex-archive/systems/texlive/Images/protext.exe
-- don't know if it'll help.

I could split it up into pieces, but then you'd have to put the pieces
back together.  That would probably be pretty painful.

Perhaps the easiest alternative is to get the distribution on CD or DVD
by joining a TeX user group, such as TUG (http://tug.org/join.html).
Since I see you're in France, perhaps the French group would be better
-- http://www.gutenberg.eu.org/.  I am not entirely sure if they are
distributing protext, though.

Let us know if other questions.  Hope this helps ...

Best regards,
Karl