[protext] Installation document error

Thomas Feuerstack Thomas.Feuerstack at fernuni-hagen.de
Wed Apr 6 15:46:53 CEST 2005

Michael McGinnis wrote:
> There is an error in the installation PDF. I've attached a RTF document that shows
> the section of text and an explanation of what I found confusing.

I agree! I think inside ProTeXt 1.0, this is one of the most confusing
statements (which means for a long time, i was confused too ;-)

With the coming ProTeXt 1.2 the statement has changed into:

"Using Notepad, edit or create the local configuration files

ltt:\dvipdfm\config\config and
ltt:\dvipdfm\config\dvipdfmx.cfg.

Insert this line at the beginning of each file:

p letter

After making these changes, update the filename database:
Start ! Programs ! MiKTeX ! MiKTeX Options ! Refresh now."

which means: Inside the directory "ltt:\dvipdfm\config" really exist the
*two* files "config" and "dvipdfmx.cfg".

> Thank you for providing this excellent resource.

Thank you for the flowers ;-)

Enjoy (Pro)TeX(t) - Thomas