[protext] Problem with tex4ht under proTeXt

Thomas Feuerstack Thomas.Feuerstack at fernuni-hagen.de
Fri Mar 11 08:59:32 CET 2005

Hi,

Paulo Ney de Souza wrote:

> I got my proTeXt DVD and went happily for the long install,

fine.

> just on the hopes of being able to use the new version of
> "tex4ht" which is a nice piece of software but with
> incomprehensible installation instructions.
>
> I finish the installation of MikTeX, did the Synchronization
> and update of new packages but that did NOT list "tex4ht" even
> though a new package was made available on March 01.

MiKTeX depends on its own update packages made by Christian Schenck.
This means there can be a difference between the time when a package is
available on Ctan and the moment its available for MiKTeX.

> Went on to try, but to my surprise it does NOT work straight
> out of the box. On a small file like:

> \documentclass{report}
> \begin{document}
>
> \[ \lim_{n \to \infty} f(x) = e^x \]
>
> \end{document}
>
> It bombs out and complains of "Illegal storage address" and the file
> contains no MathML, as one would expect.

hmm, although i'm not experienced in using t4ht it seems to work quite
normal on my box, which means i received finally the desired HTML-code.

Anywhere the problem you show is IMHO not a problem of ProTeXt, which is
only a software collection, but concerns to MiKTeX. Therefore it might
be better to post it to the MiKTeX team (contact at miktex.org).

Regards - Thomas