[pdftex] pdftex core dump when including certain pdf files

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Fri Jul 15 04:20:10 CEST 2016

Hi all,

a few things I have digged out and tried:
* compiling --without-system-xpdf (thus using the TL xpdf lib for pdftex
  and xetex) makes the error go away
* I also confirm that changing the StemV manually to an integer
  value fixes the problme (uncompress pdf, change, load) also
  for poppler.

There is one thing that makes we wonder ...

The error message here is:
	Call to Object where the object was type 2, not the expected type 1

> #2  0x0000000000483a42 in Object::getDict (this=<optimized out>,
>     this=<optimized out>) at /usr/include/poppler/Object.h:217

That line is
	Dict *getDict() { OBJECT_TYPE_CHECK(objDict); return dict; }
where the error comes from OBJECT_TYPE_CHECK:
#define OBJECT_TYPE_CHECK(wanted_type) \
    if (unlikely(type != wanted_type)) { \
        error(errInternal, 0, "Call to Object where the object was type {0:d}, " \
                 "not the expected type {1:d}", type, wanted_type); \
        abort(); \
    }

The types look related to what Karl said about vStem:
enum ObjType {
  // simple objects
  objBool,                      // boolean
  objInt,                       // integer
  objReal,                      // real
..

so that would be 2 (real) was passed in, but 1 (int) expected.

I just don't see how this happens to come from that line, as
	objDict
is far below, 7 in the enum.

Ok, that for now

Norbert

--
PREINING Norbert + TeX Live & Debian Developer + http://www.preining.info
GPG: 0x860CDC13    fp: F7D8 A928 26E3 16A1 9FA0  ACF0 6CAC A448 860C DC13