[pdftex] linux latex process hanging

David Carlisle davidc at nag.co.uk
Wed Mar 18 17:09:51 CET 2015

On 18/03/2015 14:17, James Naadjie wrote:
> To whom it may concern;
> I’m currently using latex for pdf conversions and ran into a problem
> recently which I suspect could be a bug of sorts. When converting a TeX
> file with missing figure files, I get a warning see below: It seems the
> latex process on my linux/ubuntu freezes or goes into an infinite loop
> of some kind. I was hoping you might shed some light on this issue for me.
>
> Thanks For you assistance
>
> Regards
> James Naadjie
> APS
>
> Warning: TeX file called in following missing figure files:
> figure2,figure3,figure1-ver21.pdf

That warning is not from (la)tex but from your editor
are you sure that it is not your (unspecified) editor
that is freezing?

what happens if you run pdflatex on the command line?

David

The Numerical Algorithms Group Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 1249803. The registered office is:

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Microsoft Office 365.