[pdftex] pdftex.sty file

Heiko Oberdiek heiko.oberdiek at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 7 01:08:18 CET 2014

On 06.03.2014 17:08, Bill Tottle wrote:

> when I started to write a document an error message keeps coming up.
> It says 'pdftex.sty not found'.  I have tried to locate it on my pc but
> its not there.

Such a package is not known to me. Perhaps you wanted to write an
*option*, e.g.:

    \usepackage[pdftex]{graphicx}

If the square brackets were exchanged by curly braces, TeX would start
looking for `pdftex.sty` instead of `graphicx.sty` and option `pdftex`.

BTW, in many cases option `pdftex` is not even needed, because many
packages can detect pdfTeX in PDF mode (e.g. via package `ifpdf').

Yours sincerely
  Heiko Oberdiek