[pdftex] pdftex.sty file

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Mar 7 00:39:43 CET 2014

Bill Tottle <billtottle at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> I have downloaded the reduced size Latex package,

what exactly do you mean by that?  where did you download from?

> but
> when I started to write a document an error message keeps coming up.
> It says 'pdftex.sty not found'.  I have tried to locate it on my pc but
> its not there. I have also tried to find it on CTAN but its not there
> also. Have I done something wrong or does this file actually exist
> somewhere and I cant find it?  Please advise if you can.

what were you hoping to achieve with this pdftex.sty?  without knowing
that, it is difficult to guess what file it is, whose name you've
muddled into pdftex.sty -- i.e., "i need foo.sty to run on pdftex" -- in
that sentence, what is "foo"?

robin
(answer to the list, since i'm about to go to bed.)