[pdftex] new pdftex warning

Thanh Han The hanthethanh at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 19:37:01 CET 2013

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 4:02 PM, Alexander <curator at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> any news about this problem? I also come to that point by updating Miktex. Now
> my former well compiling code came up with approximatly 100 warnings of this
> kind. That makes it hard to fix the "real" warnings.
>
> So, anyone got further ideas mayby?

recently I added a check for the case when 2 or more pdfs are included
on the same page and they both have their own page  group object. In
such a case, on the page group of the 1st is included, and the next
pdfs share the same page group. The problem existed in previous
versions of pdftex as well, but was not checked (and hence no warning
about it). The result pdf is however usually ok.

There are a few things that can be done:

- improve pdftex to compare the page group: if they are the same, no
warning is needed
- a command to turn off this kind of warning.

Regards,
Thanh