[pdftex] PDF empty with Acrobat / xpdf

James Quirk jjq at galcit.caltech.edu
Mon Jun 27 23:18:06 CEST 2011

Martin,

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011, Martin Schröder wrote:

> 2011/6/27 James Quirk <jjq at galcit.caltech.edu>:
> > For your test PDF, Linux Adobe Reader 7.0.8 pops up an alert box
> > "Wrong operand type" which suggests that your PDF is malformed.
> > Hence the blank page. Higher versions of Linux AR all fail silently.
>
> Adobe Pro X/Win shows it without problems and reports no errors preflighting it.
Attached is Philippe's test file with object 7 uncompressed. You'll
notice I've deactivated the line:

   0 0 0 0 0 0 cm

it is the one which gives the "Wrong operand type" message at my end. And
without it the file renders fine with Linux AR, at least for all the
versions I have. So the file is malformed in the sense that multiplying
the current transformation matrix by a null matrix is a bad idea; Philippe
is this one of your mods? All I can think is that Adobe Pro X/Win
ingnores the concatenation, ditto for xpdf. When I get the chance I'll
delve into xpdf's source to see what it does.

James