[pdftex] Another request for an enhancement to pdf(La)TeX

André Wobst lists at wobsta.de
Tue Oct 26 14:28:44 CEST 2010

Marin,

Am 26.10.2010 um 14:09 schrieb Martin Schröder:

> 2010/10/26 André Wobst <lists at wobsta.de>:
>> Do I get any support for this feature request?
>
> Yes; but not in pdfTeX, as that is quite frozen.
>
> It could be added to LuaTeX, though. :-)

This is ok, although I wonder whether pdfTeX is that frozen :-)

Furthermore I did not look at LuaTeX at all (so far). I wonder whether the very same approach for injecting the stream lengths is used there. If it is, I would certainly like to make a feature request along my proposal. It would be nice to have a streamable TeX processor (input and output both being streams).

Thanks for consideration, even though (potentially) on a longer time scale.

Best,

André

--
by  _ _      _    Dr. André Wobst, Amselweg 22, 85716 Unterschleißheim
   / \ \    / )   lists at wobsta.de, http://www.wobsta.de/