[pdftex] Adding objects to the page

Patrick Gundlach pg at levana.de
Sun Jan 24 20:24:21 CET 2010

Hi Martin,

>> \immediate\pdfobj stream { ... }
>>
>> wich gets inserted in the pdf as (for example) object no. 1.
>>
>> How do I get this object to be output on the current page? I would like
>> this object to be the first object on the page. I guess I need to insert
>> it into the /Page dictionary, right? But how would I do this?
>
> Not into the /Page dict, but referenced in the content stream.

How?

> Why do
> you care if it's the "first object" on the page?

Because I would like this object to be the "lowest" object on the page.
If I undestand PDF streams correctly, the later objects will be placed
on top, so if I have a filled rectangle at the end, it will hide the
contents below it.

>> This is for something like a watermark.
>
> There are LaTeX packages for that. :-)

What is this LaTeX thing people keep telling me about?

Patrick
--
ConTeXt wiki and more: http://contextgarden.net