[pdftex] Paper format - PDF

Jan Öhman Jan_Ohman at glocalnet.net
Wed Jan 20 23:45:55 CET 2010

George N. White III skrev:
> ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
>> - Give the font an color
>>
>> Is it possible?
>>

> Not only possible, but done daily by the majority of pdftex users.
>
> Since you appear to be starting from scratch, you would do better to
> describe what you hope to accomplish, e.g., produce electronic MS for
> a journal/proceedings that wants latex format (probably the most
> common role for pdftex), produce class notes in PDF format and print
> exams with extensive maths, ...
>
> Are there examples of the type of document you want to produce on the web?

Thanks for your reply.

My wish!

I have a directory tree with about 100 directories. (with pictures).
five main directories then the rest as sub-directories.

I'm about to write a program to get a quick view over all directories on
the screen.
Thinking of presenting the main directories in 5 columns and the other
directories under these.

I was going to use different colors to separate subdirectories of the
subdirectories below these,
____________________

Subdirectories can be changed (directories can be added and directories
can be removed)
As long as this is presented on the screen, I feel no major problems.

But now came a desire - Can you print the structure of directories?
If the directory structure was static it would have been easy....

____________________

Began to seek a program so I could control the printing, and then I
ended up here.
Found a little guide somewhere (which I lost), which described the step
by step how to program. It looked easy to manage.
After that, I began to seek a more comprehensive manual, and then began
it to "fuss itself"
(pdfLaTeX - pdfTeX - ConTeX - MikTex - TexLive - TexWorks - LuaTex -
XeTex.....and so on)

Whats differ?
Which "version" can solve my problem?
What kind of "TeX" I'll teach me to reach this goal?

Basically, I deal with text (a4, maybe landscape, font, size, bold,
color, table....)
(But it can be good if it is possible to add such as a logo))

As my solution now looks like
I intend to write a program (for example in pdflatex), which gives me a
"good" layout.
then I intend to write another program that modify in the (. Tex) file
after that the file is automatically converted to a PDF file.

I can not teach me "everything", but want to solve my problem

//Jan