[pdftex] Two-color printing with pdftex

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Thu Dec 30 15:59:42 CET 2010

On Friday 19 November 2010 09:54:23 André Bellaïche wrote:
> Is it possible to make two color PDF files with pdftex ? The goal
> to print with two plates only to reduce costs. The two colors may
> be black and one cmyk color, and should be able to be blended.
>
> André Bellaïche

I think you mean one black plate and one for a spot color. By
definition CMYK colors are produced by a mixture of four different inks,
requiring four different plates or their equivalent.

A spot color can be developed to match that combination. But at that
point it is no longer CMYK but something along the lines of a Pantone
color.
--
John Culleton
Create Book Covers with Scribus: