[pdftex] PDFTEX Help

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun Apr 11 02:13:40 CEST 2010

On 11 April 2010 Thanh Han The wrote:

 > On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 11:42 PM, Reinhard Kotucha
 > <reinhard.kotucha at web.de> wrote:
 > >
 > > [...]
 > >
 > > It seems that development takes place in branches/stable/ and stuff is
 > > copied to trunk/ later. ÊI would expect it vice versa. ÊI'm just going
 > > to set up a TeX Live environment which allows me to test the latest
 > > stuff. ÊWhere should I compile? ÊIn trunk/ or in branches/stable/?
 >
 > please use stable. No active development is taking place in
 > trunk; only bug fixes and patches are committed to stable.
 > Maybe at some point some changes/features in trunk will
 > be copied to stable.

Thanks for the info.  Meanwhile I noticed that I can't compile stuff
in trunk/ anyway:

In file included from tangleboot.c:94:
tangleboot.h:34: error: conflicting types for ÔgetlineÕ
/usr/include/stdio.h:651: error: previous declaration of ÔgetlineÕ was here
tangleboot.c:2175: error: conflicting types for ÔgetlineÕ
/usr/include/stdio.h:651: error: previous declaration of ÔgetlineÕ was here
make[2]: *** [tangleboot.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/reiserfs/pdftex/svn/trunk/source/build/texk/web2c'
make[1]: *** [tangleboot.p] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/reiserfs/pdftex/svn/trunk/source/build/texk/web2c'
make: *** [pdftexbin] Error 2

Anyway, when I compile in branches/stable/, everything works fine.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25