[pdftex] character width mismatch in font XY.vf ignored

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Sun May 10 13:27:08 CEST 2009

Hello,

when I run the following document:

\documentclass{article}
\pagestyle{empty}
\begin{document}
\fontsize{5cm}{6.2cm}
\fontencoding{T1}\fontfamily{pag}\selectfont
Test

\end{document}

I get a bundle of
          character width mismatch in font pagk8t.vf ignored
warnings.

The warning is related to the font size, it starts when the font
size is about 4,5cm, so I think it is a rounding error somewhere. As
far as I can see all fonts which use a virtual font gives the same
warning (I tried with fourier, bera and various adobe fonts).

The number of warning varies but seems to lay for T1-fonts somewhere
between 25-32.

I get the warnings with lualatex (Version
snapshot-0.39.0-2009041523) to but not with dvips or
xelatex/xdvipdfmx).

Is this a pdftex bug?

--
Ulrike Fischer