[pdftex] Incorrect pdf produced from a single correct pdf file

Andreas Matthias andreas.matthias at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 19:26:22 CEST 2008

Martin Schröder wrote:

>> ----
>> pdfximage{RMItd24.pdf}
>> pdfrefximagethepdflastximage
>> bye
>> ----
>
> Try
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{pdfpages}
> \begin{document}
> \includepdf[pages=-]{RMItd24}
> \end{document}

Actually, this is exactly what he did but it produced a corrupt pdf
on his side. So he contacted me but I could not reproduce it. That's
why I told him to post the above plain TeX example, which is the
smallest possible example I could make that's running perfectly
well on my side but produces a corrupt pdf on his side. Note that
I tried it with exactly the same pdftex version!

I was curious to know if someone else on this list could reproduce this
problem. Olivier is running Debian and I know that there are other
people running Debian on this list.

Ciao
Andreas