[pdftex] Notes in documents created with pdfLaTeX

The Thanh Han hanthethanh at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 17:14:32 CEST 2008

I did some testing with the first 2 test files (let's call
them test-bad.tex and test-ok.tex):

- test-ok.pdf and test-bad.pdf differ only in placement of
  certain objects; the pdf structures are more or less the
  same and seem to be ok.

- if I add a line saying \usepackage[letterpaper]{geometry}
  to test-bad.tex then again the output is ok.

It seems that the prolem is related to paper format or so,
but this is only my wild guessing. I tried to change the
margins in order to change the note placement not to be that
close to the paper border, but the only thing that helped is
to use letterpaper.

During the test with Acrobat Pro 6.0, the result of printing
test-bad is rather inconsistent; sometime the text doesn't
print but only the note, sometime vice versa. Acrobat reader
doesn't support printing comments.

Perhaps we need more testing to find a pattern of the
problem.

Thanh