[pdftex] pdflatex: paper size

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 00:38:58 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 7:00 PM, Darrell Long <darrell at cs.ucsc.edu> wrote:

> I did:
>
>        sudo port install texlive
>
> and this is what gets installed:
>
>        texlive @2007 tex/texlive tex
>        live_base @2007 tex/texlive_base
>        texlive_texmf-full @2007 tex/texlive_texmf-full
>        texlive_texmf-minimal @2007 tex/texlive_texmf-minimal
>
> texconfig and texconfig-sys are there, but no sign of tlmgr.
>
> % find /opt -name '*tlmgr*' -print
> (nothing)

tlmgr is new with TeX Live 2008.  Mac TeX is also TeX Live 2007, but
will eventually use 2008.

Unless you really need backwards compatibility, you should
consider install the 2008 version and helping with testing.
I've been using it and have only very minor problems (the
tlmgr gui doesn't work -- perhaps due to a bug in perl::Tk from
macports, or the X11 port on Leopard (which I just
updated in an attempt to solve some other X11 issues).

> On Jul 29, 2008, at 2:28 PM, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:
>
>> Darrell Long writes:
>>> Thanks. But it appears that tlmgr is not part of the distribution
>>> that
>>> comes with TeXlive for Mac  Ports. I did a search for it and found
>>> nothing (except a reference to it in a PDF file and this e-mail).
>>
>> Did you install MacTeX or TeX Live?  If TeX Live doesn't install tlmgr
>> then it's clearly a bug. MacTeX might come with its own tools, but I'm
>> not familiar with them.

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia